Naturalization & Citizenship

Naturalization and Citizenship

Naturalization. A person could file the application for naturalization 90 days before you complete your permanent residence requirement if your eligibility for naturalization is based upon being a: Permanent resident for at least 5 years; or Permanent resident for at least 3 years if you are married to a US citizen.

It is important to consult an experienced attorney before applying for naturalization because depending of you background, you might lose your permanent resident card and put yourself into removal proceedings.

Citizenship. Some individuals might have automatically acquired or derived citizenship at birth or after birth. In order to be able to determine if you have acquired automatic citizenship through your parents or grandparents, you should consult an experienced immigration attorney. The immigration laws in this area have been very changeable and depending on your birth date, might depend whether you acquired derivative citizenship.

Citizenship through parents. A child born outside the US is a US citizen at birth if one of the parents is an US citizen and had been physically present in the U.S. or its territories for a period of at least five years at some time in his or her life prior to the birth, of which at least two years were after his or her 14th birthday.

Our Services are Efficient and cost-efficient

We regularly represent clients in front of U.S. Immigration Judges, U.S. embassies and consulates, the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Board of Immigration Appeals and Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals.

We provide our clients the support they need to get through the complex legal system in an efficient and cost-efficient manner so that they can focus on the other areas of their lives. We take a personal and attentive approach to resolving your case fast.

GET A FREE/NO OBLIGATION CASE EVALUATION by filling out our short web form or calling our toll-free number: (888) 222-0205.
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.